Tuesday, August 18, 2015

In praise of sports

This photo is my daughter and me before one of our soccer games a few years ago. Since then, she's played softball, basketball and is currently a sophomore on her high school tennis team.
She's hinted that this may be her last year of playing organized sports. If so, 10 years is a pretty good run. My goal all along was in keep her in in sports as long as possible, because I believe it's an excellent way to build confidence, self-esteem and all that good stuff - especially for girls. It certainly worked with her.
And of course, sports have been a major part of my life, too. I made a living writing about them for a long time. And if I hadn't done that, I never would have met Burt, which means I would never be making this documentary. Again, good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment