Sunday, January 17, 2016

Mazel Tov!

I talked Kenny into going to see "The Hateful Eight" with me Friday night, and I've pretty much been editing film at his house ever since.
But look at us now. Just a few minutes ago, we managed to complete a story timeline that fits 30 hours of footage into 35 minutes.
"Wait a minute," you're saying if you're a reader of this blog. "Didn't Kenny say our goal should be 30 minutes?"
"I can edit five minutes in my sleep," he says.
Kenny was so happy he insisted on running to the liquor store so we could toast with these miniature bottles of Fireball (which my friends and I should have credit for inventing back when I was in college, but that's a story for another day).
Mind you, we're still a little ways from being done with this, with work and a probably a couple of favors we still haven't called in. But if there's one thing I've learned about filmmaking, you have to celebrate the milestones.




2 comments: