Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Yep, we got a rock star

I’ve been waiting a long time to announce this, and here it is: Grammy Award winner Melissa Etheridge is going to be part of our movie “Out Here In Kansas.”
This is huge news. Etheridge has been a household name since her album "Yes I Am," which featured the hits “Come To My Window” and “I’m The Only One.” Even before that, she rocked my world with “Somebody Bring Me Some Water.” I never realized Melissa was gay until her unforgettable cameo on the groundbreaking episode of “Ellen,” but I always knew she is a proud native of Leavenworth, Kansas.
(By the way, if you haven’t checked out Melissa’s new album, “This is M.E.,” you need to. Publications like Rolling Stone gave it stellar reviews, and the whole album just sounds great.)
How is Melissa going to be involved? Well, I can’t give away everything. Let’s just say she’s every bit as cool as I’d hoped. (If there was ever any doubt, check out this tribute she did to Janis Joplin at the 2005 Grammies ... as she was battling breast cancer.)

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful new Adam. She is on of my all time favorites. Congratulations on having her join your group in this great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shanna! She is just the best, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete