Saturday, June 24, 2017

Our screening today in Mulvane

For the third year in a row, I am personally inviting you to the Doc Sunback Film Festival, one of my favorites events of the year. It will continue throughout the weekend in downtown Mulvane, and a full schedule of the films can be found here. (A VIP pass, which allows you into the lounge at Luciano's and access to the parties, has got to be one of the best bargains in Kansas.)
If you haven't seen "Out Here In Kansas," here's another chance. It will be screening at 1:45 p.m. today (Saturday, June 24), an event that will be followed by a meet and greet with myself and many of the other filmmakers in attendance this weekend.
I arrived at the festival yesterday, just in time to record a podcast with "I'm Kinda Famous" host Lester Rowe and Kenny Linn (that's Kenny and me pictured here). Lester is an accomplished fimmaker himself - his "Wifi at Rock Bottom" won the Audience Choice Award at Doc Sunback last year - and you should meet him if you have a chance.
By the time the podcast was finished, there was only time for one last block of movie shorts for the day. Always a sucker for horror, I chose "Friday Night Fright," which included wonderful films that were actually more surreal ("Hilde" from Austria), freaky ("Seaduction" from Italy) and funny ("Jenny Loves Satan" from the USA) than scary.


No comments:

Post a Comment