The long-awaited world premiere of "Out Here In Kansas" will be on National Coming Out Day at one of Wichita's swankiest venues: Roxy's Downtown.
Here are the details of the event, which is Tuesday, Oct. 11 at Roxy's, 422 ½ E. Douglas (between Topeka St. and Emporia St.).
* Doors at Roxy’s will open at 6 p.m. for those wishing to order dinner and drinks. A full bar will be open all night.
* Social hour begins at 6:30 p,m.
* The documentary will be shown at 7:30 p.m. It is approximately half an hour long.
* Following the documentary, around 8 p.m., will be a filmmakers Q&A.
* Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the door.
The documentary, if you're not a regular reader of this blog, centers around a gay Kansan and the conservative Christian pastor he grew up with. It includes testimonials from several gay Kansans, including filmmaker Steve Balderson, Grammy Award winner Melissa Etheridge and Matthew Vines, author of "God and the Gay Christian." You can watch the trailer here.
We've had a lot of good people help us make this happen, and it's going to be a first-class premiere. I hope you can make it.