Saturday, April 25, 2015

The venue is set: Lucky's

Our First Friday event will be from 8-10 p.m. May 1 at Lucky’s Everyday, 1217 E. Douglas in Wichita. The free concert is to raise awareness for our film "Out Here In Kansas" (and of course we’ll be thrilled to take donations that night).

On a personal note, I cannot wait to see our two performers Friday night. Both are untraditional women singer-songwriters who have done some serious living despite thier young ages. I know it's going to be great, but I’m honestly not exactly sure what to expect beyond that.

MariaElena (pictured) has had a strong local following since moving here from China, of all places, and has a background in several genres of music, including punk rock.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith has been described by one critic as “Patsy Cline infused with Nine Inch Nails.” (I can’t top that, so I’m not even going to try.) Hollis Smith's "Even Angels Bite the Dust" was the first song I wanted for our movie, and I was able to track her down in Florida. You could say we hit it off from there, even though I won't meet her in the flesh until Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment